Juventus star reveals how his teammate Ronaldo destroyed his dreams 3 times

Juventus star reveals how his teammate Ronaldo destroyed his dreams 3 times

Juventus defence ace Giorgio Chiellini has revealed that Portuguese teammate Cristiano Ronaldo ended his dream of lifting the Champions League silverware three times while at Real Madrid.

According to a UK Daily Star report, the 34-year-old centre-back is excited that the former Los Blancos forward, who has claimed the Ballon d'Or five time now plies his trade with the Old Lady's.

Among Europe's top clubs none of them have suffered more heartbreaks in the Champions League than Juve.

In their last attempt in 2017, the Bianconeri suffered a 4-1 bashing in Cardiff as Ronaldo and the Los Blanos claimed the bragging right.

But on the domestic scene the Juventus captain has six winners medal from the Scudetto.

Speaking about his desire to winning the Champions League before quitting the game the highly-experienced defender said: "Before Cristiano came to us, he scored many goals against us.

"He destroyed my dreams in Cardiff, Turin and Madrid," Chiellini stressed, even as he was quick to add that Ronaldo's arrival for £99m last summer, will help the Old Lady's quest for the elusive silverware.

The Italian international is looking forward to a better campaign when they tackle Atletico Madrid in February.

"So far, the Champions League was just a dream, now it's a goal because Cristiano is the best player in the world, and we need that to go the last step.

"His personality can make the difference. He has incredible abilities, on and off the pitch: his attitude, how hard he works, how he prepares for the games, how professional he lives every day.

"That can help us a lot. I was curious about his attitude, how he works in the gym, how he focuses on something.

"I try to take that as an example. It helps me because I want to improve every day," Chiellini submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...