Floyd Mayweather celebrates the Italian Super Cup title with Ronaldo (photos)

World boxing champions Floyd Mayweather on Wednesday night, January 16, celebrated with Cristiano Ronaldo and his Juventus' teammates after winning the Italian Super Cup.

The 2018/19 Italian Super Cup will now be Ronaldo's first trophy with Juventus since he completed a mega million move to the club from Real Madrid.

He also scored the only goal that condemned AC Milan to a defeat in the final of the Super Cup that was played in Saudi Arabia.

The win over AC Milan was also Juventus' first success in the competition since 2015 having lost the two previous Suppercoppa finals.

And after the game, unbeaten boxing legend Floyd Mayweather joined Juventus' players in the dressing room to celebrate with them.

"It was a very difficult match, it's very warm and hard to play in these conditions.

"We played well, created a lot of chances and obviously I am happy to have scored the winning goal.

"It was my intention to start 2019 with a trophy, I have my first title with Juve and I am very happy.

"But it is only the start, we will take it one step at a time. We've got this trophy, now we must keep working hard to achieve the next one,'' Ronaldo told Rai Sport.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...