Zlatan Ibrahimovic blasts Ronaldo for challenging Messi to play in Italy

Zlatan Ibrahimovic blasts Ronaldo for challenging Messi to play in Italy

Former Manchester United striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic has criticised the challenge thrown by Juventus forward, Cristiano Ronaldo to Barcelona captain, Lionel Messi to come to Italy and test himself in another league.

Ronaldo left Real Madrid after nine years in the summer, to sign for Juventus, which all but ended his long-term rivalry with Messi.

Since leaving La Liga, Ronaldo has been continually asked to discuss Messi and earlier in the season, sent the Argentine captain a challenge.

The Portuguese said: "I played in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, in the national team, while he is still in Spain. Maybe he needs me more.

"For me, life is a challenge, I like it and I like to make people happy. I would like him to come to Italy one day. Like me, accept the challenge."

But reacting, Ibrahimovic told Ronaldo that a move to Juventus is no big challenge, stressing that the Old Lady is far from being a challenge as it is already a team that has been easily winning titles for years.

Ibrahimovic was quoted by Voetbal Nieuws as saying:

"Cristiano is talking about new challenges, he calls it a challenge to move to a club where it is already normal to win the Serie A. Why did he not choose a club from a second division a few years ago?"

"Try to become a champion with such a second-division champion and lead them to the highest level, which is a challenge. It is bulls***, moving to Juventus is not a challenge at all."

Meanwhile, Messi has already responded to Ronaldo challenging him to sign for an Italian team.
The 31-year-old insisted he does not need to change his current club, Barcelona.

Messi said: "Accepting Ronaldo's challenge to join Italian football? I don't need any change.

"I'm at the best team in the world. My challenges are renewed year after year. I do not need to change teams or leagues to set new goals. I am at home and I do not need to change."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...