Sarri reveals Chelsea player that was in trouble during 2-1 win over Newcastle

Sarri reveals Chelsea player that was in trouble during 2-1 win over Newcastle

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, has admitted summer signing, Jorginho was "in trouble" against Newcastle and pleaded with the Chelsea board to sign a replacement for Cesc Fabregas.

Goals from Pedro and Willian saw Chelsea complete a 2-1 win over Rafa Benitez's side, which sent them six points clear of Arsenal in the race for the fourth place.

Jorginho initially impressed at the heart of his new side's midfield following his summer move from Napoli but has looked lightweight and struggled physically in recent weeks.

The Italy international was jeered by sections of his own support on Saturday following a series of misplaced passes and Sarri admits he is in need of reinforcements following the departure of Fabregas to Monaco.

"As you have seen Jorginho was in trouble, but I didn't have a player for that position.

"I have no idea [when it will get sorted]. The club knows very well my opinion. I need a player there. It depends on the club decision. I cannot do anything more," Sarri, who is hoping to complete deals for Leandro Paredes and Nicolo Barella, said after the game.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...