Ex Super Eagles goalie Vincent Enyeama gives urgent update about his career

Ex Super Eagles goalie Vincent Enyeama gives urgent update about his career

Former Super Eagles number one goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama has denied reports that he is on the verge of quitting football after almost two years of playing his last game.

April 2017 was when the ex Enyimba captain played last for French club Lille before he was asked to leave the Ligue 1 side in August 2018.

There have been reports since he was released by Lille that Vincent Enyeama would not return to football, but the 36-year-old has stated clearly that he has received offers from Israel and Turkey.

"I have put the past behind me as I continue to train and hoping to make a positive return.

"I've received some offers in Israel and Turkey. But at this stage in life I want to make family a priority when I need to make a move, because they are very settled here in France.

"The way I play football is with a smile and I would love to do that knowing my family is happy and settled,'' Enyeama told BBC Sport.

Enyeama made his international debut for the Super Eagles of Nigeria in 2002 against Kenya and went on to represent Nigeria at the Korea/Japan World Cup.

His performance against England in the Super Eagles' third game when he saved a shot from Paul Scholes gave him the number one shirt after the championship.

Enyeama played in five Nations Cup tournaments and three World Cup before he hanged his international gloves in October 2015.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...