Ronaldo reveals plans to return to his former club after spell with Juventus

Ronaldo reveals plans to return to his former club after spell with Juventus

Portugal international Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed he could return to Primeira Liga side Sporting Lisbon after his spell with Juventus.

The 33-year-old started his professional career with his boyhood club before joining English giants Manchester United in 2003.

After six glorious years in the Premier League, Ronaldo move to Spain to join Real Madrid where he won four Champions League and Ballon d'Or awards.

At the end of last summer the Portuguese icon ended his nine-year romance with Los Blancos to sign another mega deal with Italian champions Juventus.

The £100million forward will be looking to help the Bianconeri win their first Champions League title since 1996.

And so far the Old Lady have been having a splendid season, topping the Serie A before the winter break as well as making it through to knock-out phase of Europe's elite competition.

CR7 who is happy in his new home in Turin did not rule out going back to play for the Lisbon-outfit in the future, once he has achieved all he wants in Italy.

As reported by Fox Sports, Ronaldo said: "Will I go back to Sporting like Nani?

"In football you never know. It was the right decision to leave the national [team] momentarily, but I'll be back in 2019.

"Everyone in Turin welcomed me in a fantastic way. We're all feeling very good.

"I don't know when my career will end, but I'm fine and I want to keep going for many more years."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...