Unai Emery reveals two players he wants to buy in January

Unai Emery reveals two players he wants to buy in January

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has admitted he wants to sign a centre-back and a winger this month, but refused to be drawn into whether he was close to landing Denis Suarez from Barcelona.

Reports on Saturday suggested the Gunners were close to agreeing a deal with Barca, to bring Spanish midfielder Suarez to the Emirates.

Arsenal have been hit with a number of defensive injuries this season and Emery says he is interested in signing a centre-back during the January transfer window.

Asked how close Arsenal are to signing Suarez, Emery said after the FA Cup victory over Blackpool: "I don't know.

"I think the club is working for the possibility to take some players who can help us during these next four months.

"Maybe the transfer market can help us with a centre-back, but it is not easy because also [Konstantinos] Mavropanos is also coming back after injury.

"Also a winger, right or left, one player can help us in this position."

Asked about Suarez's best position, Emery who worked with the midfielder at Sevilla added: "He was playing as a left or right winger for Sevilla when he was with me."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...