What Joe Willock, Alex Iwobi said after Arsenal's 3-0 win over Blackpool

What Joe Willock, Alex Iwobi said after Arsenal's 3-0 win over Blackpool

Arsenal midfielder, Joe Willock has spoken on his side's 3-0 victory over Blackpool in the FA Cup encounter on Saturday.

Two goals from Joe Willock and a goal from Alex Iwobi gave Arsenal all three points against the hosts.

Willock expressed his happiness for scoring a brace for Unai Emery's side against Blackpool.

Speaking to reporters after the game, Willock was quoted by Metro UK as saying: "It's a brilliant day for me on a personal note but I'm proud of how we did as a team as well.

"I don't think the scoreline reflects how well we played. I always try to get in the box and make myself available for crosses or rebounds so it was good to get two goals.

"The linesman crushed my dreams with the hat-trick but that's football and hopefully I can get another opportunity soon!".

However, on his part, Arsenal and Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi added: "Hopefully the boss keeps believing in me and giving me opportunities.

"I'm always eager to play so I'll always do my best if I'm picked.

"It's good we have the youngsters who can come in and perform like Joe. It's a good headache for the manager if everyone who plays does well."

Arsenal will now tackle West Ham United in their next fixture in the Premier League on Saturday.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...