Man City stars gift club backroom staff N3m worth of Rolex wrist watch each

Man City stars gift club backroom staff N3m worth of Rolex wrist watch each

Manchester City superstars appreciate the club's backroom staff after after splashing out about £7,000 on designer Rolex watches.

According to SunSport, the team came together to buy several workers Rolex Submariner time pieces as a thank you for their hard work during the last two seasons.

The wristwatches were said to have been engraved with "Centurions 2018" - following their remarkable record breaking 2017/18 Premier League success, as they won the title with 100 points.

The Citizens scored a total of 106 goals and finished atop of the table with staggering 19 points ahead of arch rivals United who were second.

A source said: "The players take the plaudits and rightly so, but they are all very aware that an awful lot of people are involved in making sure they are able to play their best game possible .

"They decided as a group to recognise the work that some key backroom staff put into the season by getting them an amazing gift.

"It shows that the team spirit at City spreads beyond the dressing room. "

However, they head into this evening's encounter hoping to claim maximum points and reduce Liverpool's points on the table.

Should they lose this evening, they will be ten points behind the Reds who are yet to lose any Premier League game this campaign.

Pep Guardiola has already started the mind games by questioning whether Liverpool have the bottle to win their first league title since 1990.

The Spaniard warned: " I can feel what they feel, the Liverpool players. "After 29 years not winning the Premier League, to be there to win it now... I understand. And I said to my players, that's difficult to handle."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...