Top Premier League club complete the signing of ex Arsenal and Man City star

Top Premier League club complete the signing of ex Arsenal and Man City star

Former Arsenal and Manchester City star Samir Nasri has made a return to the Premier League after being signed by West Ham United till the end of the ongoing English topflight season.

The Frenchman has been training with the Hammers for some time and will wear the No18 shirt on £80,000-a-week deal.

Nasri was hit with an 18-month ban for breaking the World Anti-Doping Agency's rules after receiving intravenous treatment in America two years ago.

But after a successful period of training with the London club, they agreed to sign him till the end of the season with the option of extending his deal.

"You choose a club and a project because of the ambition, and I think that West Ham has everything to be one of the biggest clubs in London, for sure.

"I mean, 60,000 people every game at home. We play in the Olympic Stadium.

"The training ground is there and you have owners who wants to invest and have a good team. Everything is there to be doing great things.

"Coming back to the most competitive league in the world, with a team full of ambition with a manager that I know. It's the best job in the world, and I'm really excited about it,'' Nasri told the club's website.

Meanwhile, West Ham United are currently occupying 11th position on the Premier League standings with 27 points after 20 games played this season.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...