See what Chelsea legend said about Pogba's goal celebration

See what Chelsea legend said about Pogba's goal celebration

France legend Claude Makelele has accused Paul Pogba of disrespecting his opponents with his goal celebrations.

The Manchester United scored a double in United's 4-1 win over Bouremouth at Old Trafford and celebrated his goals with his trademark dance moves.

The 25-year-old has hit form since caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solksjaer took over from Jose Mourinho in the past week.

However, Chelsea legend Makelele is not down with Pogba's type of celebration which he believes is provoking his opponents.

Speaking on Astro SuperSport's Sunday Night Live show, the ex-Real Madrid star suggested Pogba was disrespectful and revealed how he would have dealt with him in his playing days.

He said: "One example is Thierry Henry. When he scored a goal before, everybody was like, 'F*****g hell, many goals, he's never happy'.

"One day I tell Thierry, 'Why?'. He said, 'It's the way I celebrate my goal. I know people don't like this, but I'm like this. I can't change this.

"Pogba, he's like this, he can't change this. We accept this - it's Pogba.

"For me, it means sometimes you don't respect your opponent, you know?

"It's frustrating. I'm fronting Pogba. I want to tell him, 'Listen, do this in the dressing room, not now. It's frustrating. You win 4-0, you're dancing in front of me."

The Frenchman confirmed he once kicked Brazil legend Ronaldinho for doing something similar, Makelele laughed, adding: "I have a lot of history, not just Ronaldinho.

"It's football - sometimes you need to explain to the player in front of you, give a little bit of respect, also."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...