Klopp makes big revelation amid Salah's diving claims after Liverpool's win against Arsenal

Klopp makes big revelation amid Salah's diving claims after Liverpool's win against Arsenal

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is refusing to be persuaded that his players are divers after two controversial incidents concerning Mohamed Salah in the Reds last two Premier League fixtures.

According to a UK Metro report, the German tactician while reacting on the claim, questioned if it was right for players to spill blood on the pitch before referee's call for penalty.

At the last count, Salah was awarded a spot-kick during Liverpool's 4-0 and 5-1 win over Newcastle United and Arsenal, with Dejan Lovren also unprofessionally fouled inside the vital area against Arsenal.

A result that saw the Reds handed three spot-kicks in their last two Premier league matches at Anfield.

Arsenal defence ace Sokratis Papastathopolous was left furious after the ref's decision against him for his tackle on Salah but Klopp was quick to offer support for his star striker.

"Do we need blood for a proper penalty? I think no," Klopp said.

"In that moment, if you don't touch Mo and he makes the next step and shoots - and we know he's pretty good at that - these are the situations.

"I haven't seen it back (with Sokratis) and I have no clue about what happened around it but the ref really was close to it.

"We don't have divers and that was not a dive. The other one [involving Lovren] is not a dive. The ref decides it. In the three and a half years, we have had more penalties not given when they were penalties," Klopp summed up.

Liverpool are currently at the summit of the Premier Log seven points clear of second-placed Manchester City after thrashing Arsenal 5-1.

City play host to the Reds in an all-important Premier League cracker at the Etihad on Thursday, January 3, 2019.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...