Hazard drops bombshell Chelsea fans will not like to hear

Hazard drops bombshell Chelsea fans will not like to hear

Chelsea star man Eden Hazard has told Stamford Bridge faithfuls he wants to become a legend of the club.

The Belgian's Boxing Day double at Watford became his 101 goals for the north London club and the 27-year-old has said he desires to serve the Blues like John Terry and Frank Lampard did.

His recent comments sounded as if he was ready to sign a new contract at Chelsea but he revealed he has no intention of discussing a new deal until the summer.

Hazard who has 12 months left in his contract at Chelsea was asked if his words meant he will extend his stay, he said: "I am just focused on the pitch, I will see at the end of the season."

New manager Maurizio Sarri recently commented Hazard is as important to Chelsea as Lionel Messi is to Barcelona.

And the club is ready to put everything in place financially to keep their most prized asset who has been on remarkable form this campaign.

The former Lille man has been played in a center-forward position in the last few matches leaving misfiring Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud on the bench
The false-nine adoption has paid dividend for Sarri as Hazard has found the back of the net in recent matches against Brighton and Watford in that position.

However Hazard has never disguised his preferred role on the wings but after reaching a century of goals for Chelsea would be boosted by playing through the middle.

"Yeah, but my position is winger. I feel better as a winger.

"But against Watford and Brighton I did well as a striker, so the manager chooses where to put me then I try to do my best."

Hazard was told that his Belgium team-mate Dries Mertens had benefited from moving to a central role under Sarri at Napoli and his response was also unenthusiastic.

He said: "Dries is more of a striker than me. I am more like a playmaker, since I started football I like to come and touch the ball.

"We are different, but yeah I know with Sarri he likes to change some positions sometimes."

Chelsea's next game is against their London neighbours Crystal Palace and Hazard is hungry to add more to his 101 goals.

He added: "The guys told me at half-time at Watford and I was happy, so I just gave a smile. When you score 100, you just want to score more, so I will try to get more."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...