Bale reveals how Ronaldo's exit improved his game after Club World Cup milestone

Bale reveals how Ronaldo's exit improved his game after Club World Cup milestone

Real Madrid striker Gareth Bale has revealed that the departure of Los Blancos record goalscorer Cristiano Ronaldo has played a huge role in resuscitating him career scoring a hat-trick in the FIFA Club World Cup.

According to kickoff .com citing The Independent, the 29-year-old Bale, who was usually played on the right side of the middle to accommodate Ronaldo on the left, now has the privilege to start on his preferred left side, following the Portuguese switch to Serie A champions Juventus last summer.

And the result was clear as the Welshman scored a sizzling hat-trick for Real Madrid in 11 minutes to see off Japan's Kashima Antlers 3-1 in their FIFA Club World Cup semi-final clash.

"Throughout my [early] career, I played from the left wing," Bale responded when queried about playing from Rolando's previous position..

"I'm comfortable playing in that position but I can play on the right, on the left or in the centre. I will play wherever the coach needs me to.

"It's great to score, but the most important thing is to help the team and reach the final," he added.

The former Tottenham star has now netted 10 times along with five assists in all competitions despite Real Madrid's struggles in the current campaign.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...