Emery not interested in Ozil's salary, warns German midfielder

Emery not interested in Ozil's salary, warns German midfielder

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery, has said Mesut Ozil's salary will not influence his decision to play the German or not.

Emery made the eyebrow-raising decision on the highest-paid player at The Emirates, as he was out of his squad for "tactical reasons" in Wednesday's Carabao Cup game against Tottenham.

While Ozil will be back in the team for Saturday's Premier League game against Burnley, Emery made it clear that he won't give the German any special treatment just because the club is paying him more than £300,000 a week.

"The player's salary is not important for me. I don't know the players' salary because for me they are the same.

Every player, I want to give them the same conversation or the same decision for [whether they] play or don't play.

"And then when I decide they are not going to play because of a tactical decision, it's [the same] with him and another. If you are asking this is different because one is with more salary and the other is less salary, for me it's the same.

"The most important thing for me is to be OK training every day with good behaviour and good commitment," Emery said.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...