Liverpool star forced to deny wedding rumours in front of 28,000 people

Liverpool star forced to deny wedding rumours in front of 28,000 people

Liverpool striker Sadio Mane has been forced to deny wedding rumours that he is set to tie the knot in front of 28,000 people.

The Senegal international released a statement after reports claimed he was set to marry a Tunisian woman in the Stade Olympique de Sousse a few days after New Year.

According to a report by the Liverpool Echo that cited Tunisia's Radio Mosaique FM, Mane was "going to marry a Tunisian on January 5".

The report, which was then picked up by other news media outlets in Africa, continued to say that the 26-year-old winger had "asked the authorities" to hire the 28,000 capacity stadium in Sousse.

However the ex-Southampton star, who will be part of the Liverpool squad that faces Premier League club, Wolves in the FA Cup two days after his alleged wedding, took to Facebook to deny the strange story.

He wrote: "Dear all, it was with amazement and disambiguation that I had a supposed gala game that I should organize in sousse, Tunisia, on the occasion of my wedding.

"I want to deny this information to the last energy. I have never heard from you, or I have not heard from you.

"I would like to know that it is not possible that this information is wrong and unfounded.

"Personally, I will be focused on my work and I would like to know that all documents do not engage me."

If the rumours had been true, it would result into a hectic week for the winger, who is a nominee for the African Player of the Year award on January 8.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...