Klopp responds to Mourinho's criticism on Liverpool's 6 years without trophy

Klopp responds to Mourinho's criticism on Liverpool's 6 years without trophy

Liverpool boss, Jurgen Klopp, has responded to Manchester United manager, Jurgen Klopp's comment on Reds' lack of trophy.

Klopp said he was not concerned by his lack of silverware at Liverpool after Jose Mourinho said that 'trophies mattered.'

The Reds welcome Mourinho's Manchester United to Anfield on Sunday.

Liverpool are sitting top of the Premier League table.

Klopp has lost all three of the cup finals he has appeared in as Liverpool boss, while the club has not won any silverware for six years.

During his press conference on Friday, Mourinho suggested trophies were important, but dismissed the idea Klopp should be solely judged on his silverware record at Liverpool.

Klopp, while addressing his pre-game press conference at Ansfield, agreed with his rival manager.

He said, "Do I have to? Do I have to win it?' he said.

"If people say the Champions League campaign last season was not a success because we didn't win the final, then I cannot change that. Was it the successful finish? No, but the ride was brilliant.

"I enjoyed it a lot. Going to the final was fantastic but in life - in all departments of life including your job - if only the best counts and effort doesn't count then life is s***.

"You can do whatever you want but if I'm not as smart as Einstein or whatever, I can't try a little bit?

"I will never be him. I love the challenge. Make the best of it. That is how I understand life, I learned it a little bit in football. In the end other people have to judge that."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...