Arsenal legend reveals how much Ozil will be sold

Arsenal legend reveals how much Ozil will be sold

Former Arsenal midfielder, Ray Parlour, believes Mesut Ozil is still an important player, but could be sold if the price is right.

Ozil, who started the season well and produced one of his best performances in a Gunners shirt against Leicester in October, has struggled of late.

The German playmaker was left on the bench for the clash against Bournemouth and has been out of the squad ever since.

Arsenal declared Ozil was ruled out for the clash against Tottenham through back spasms, but some reports suggest he has fallen out of favour with boss Unai Emery.

The 30-year-old put pen to paper on a new a deal in January, making him one of the club's highest earning players on £350,000-a-week.

And Parlour believes this will put off any interested parties.

"I still think he is a very important player for the squad.

"I don't know how you value him, because you have got to look at his wages, he is on a reported £350,000 a week.

"Who is going to pay that money? I think you are going to find it really tough for someone to pay that sort of money in wages," he told talkSPORT.

Parlour then went on to predict how much Ozil would be worth in today's climate.

"To value Ozil in this market, I would say £40m to £50m," he added.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...