Ibrahimovic reveals Messi has been competing with Pérez not Ronaldo after both players were overlooked for Ballon'd'Or

Ibrahimovic reveals Messi has been competing with Pérez not Ronaldo after both players were overlooked for Ballon'd'Or

Swedish legend Zlatan Ibrahimovic has jokingly claimed that Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, is behind the success story of Los Blancos players in the Ballon d'Or after the pair Cristiano Ronaldo and Luka Modric claimed the last two editions of the prestigious award as a Galaticos.

However, in the latest edition, Ronaldo was not considered after he left the Spanish captain for Turin-based Juventus last summer, but Modric's victory ensured a Los Blancos player won five of the last six Ballon d'Or.

According to AS report citing Fox Sports, Ibrahimovic, who is nearing a return to AC Milan, hinted Perez was competing for the prize with Messi and not Ronaldo.

"Now we know it was Perez who was competing with Messi on Ballon d'Ors, not Ronaldo," the Swede was quoted as saying by Fox Sports.

Despite missing the award, Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri believes it will be an add motivation for Ronaldo to keep improving.

"I think he deserved to win the Ballon d'Or for what he did with Real Madrid, winning the Champions League," Allegri ewas quoted as saying by FourFourTwo.

"At the World Cup with Portugal honestly he couldn't go any further [than the round of 16]. Therefore, I mean, he deserved it.

"But I think that this can be a motivation to do even better this season and win the next Ballon d'Or with Juventus."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...