Brazil football legend Ronaldo explains why he is different from Juventus star Cristiano

Brazil football legend Ronaldo explains why he is different from Juventus star Cristiano

Football legend Ronaldo has taken time out to explain he does share the same approach with Portuguese namesake Cristiano due to their training attitude.

According to a UK Sun report citing Gazzetta dello Sport, the 42-year-old Brazilian icon, alongside 33-year-old Juventus star, enjoyed a combined 14 years success at the Bernabeu that saw them leave as Los Blancos legends.

Speaking further about his namesake, Ronaldo stressed that their style of play and attitude towards the game were never the same.

"We are different in terms of our position on the field and the way of interpreting it.

"Even if Cristiano now plays in a more central position, he has another way of approaching the goal with respect to how I did, even if the objective is the same.

"Of course, we're almost the same in the desire to score goals.

"We have nine years in the difference and the years that we have played are very different.

"I don't mean in my time it was more difficult, but we faced different situations and with different teams,"

admitted Ronaldo, who also spoke about on his Juventus namesake's desire to always keep fit even at the age of 33.

"It's no coincidence that Cristiano has reached 33 years of age in that shape.

"I think there are few players who take care of their body like he does, with so much desire to improve.

"I'm not saying that our concept of training, of the importance of work, is the complete opposite, but it is certainly different.

"I trained because I had to do; he does it because he loves it," the Brazilian submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...