Mayweather announces his comeback with Japanese kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa

Mayweather announces his comeback with Japanese kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa

Undefeated boxing champion Floyd Mayweather has officially announced he will return to the ring against Japanese kickboxing star Tenshin Nasukawa.

The bout will hold on the eve of New Year exhibition and Mayweather has revealed it would be for only entertainment purposes.

There will be no judges, no official record and no kicking and the duration of the fight will only last nine minutes, splitted into three rounds.

"I'm in the entertainment business. That's what I go out there to do,' Mayweather said on Thursday at his Las Vegas gym. 'I love to do this. I'm working out to put on a show for three rounds."

The young Japanese kickboxer joined Mayweather at his gym to announce the exhibition, which is set to take place at Saitama Super Arena in suburban Tokyo on December 31.

Nasukawa described the fight as 'a great honour' and has been in Las Vegas sparring with the likes of boxer Jorge Linares.

"There's never been a Japanese fighter to face Floyd Mayweather in the ring," Nasukawa said.

"As an athlete, this is something that's a great honour and a challenging task. I'd like to make a big impression."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...