Kolasinac reveals what Emery, Arsenal team-mates told him after error against Man Utd

Kolasinac reveals what Emery, Arsenal team-mates told him after error against Man Utd

Arsenal defender, Sead Kolasinac, has revealed his team-mates and manager Unai Emery helped him after his mistake led to Manchester United's equalizer at Old Trafford.

Kolasinac was at fault for Jesse Lingard's goal, less than a minute after Arsenal had taken a 2-1 lead at Old Trafford.

Emery said he had noticed Kolasinac looking miserable in the dressing room after full-time and had singled him out for praise for his overall performance during the game.

The 25-year-old says the head coach's reaction, as well as that of his team-mates, made him realise how together the squad has become.

"It's a good feeling coming into the dressing room like that.

"Especially after knowing you've made a mistake and that mistake has potentially cost us two points. It made me feel better.

"The manager told me in no uncertain terms not to get too down about it, and that did help me. Everyone in the team too, it wasn't just the coaching staff.

"All the players came over and they consoled me and told me not to get too down about it, and it gives you belief and confidence. You notice then we're a tight-knit team and I think it's a positive," Kolasinac told Sky Sports.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...