Sarri gives Chelsea's board names of two players to get new contract

Sarri gives Chelsea's board names of two players to get new contract

Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri has told the club's board to sign new contract for midfielder, Cesc Fabregas and defender, David Luiz.

Fabregas' contract with Chelsea will expire at the end of the season, while Luiz's deal will end in 2019.

But Sarri wants the West London club to extend both Fabregas and Luiz's contract.

"I spoke with the club about this one month ago. I know very well it is not easy, but I think we can do a new deal for both [Fabregas and Luiz]," Sarri was quoted by Metro UK as saying on Tuesday.

"They are very important players for us. It is very difficult to find a centre-back for this level and it is difficult to find a centre-midfielder technical like Fabregas, so I think they have to stay with us.

"The deal is very difficult for this reason (their ages), the club want a short contract and the players want a long contract, it is difficult for this reason but we can find a solution."

Sarri added: "I think David and Cesc are leaders. "I think it is important for me and the staff if they stay with us. I know the difficulties of the new deal.

"The problem is only, one or two years for a new contract, but I think the club can find a right solution."
Sarri's men will tackle Wolves on Wednesday night in the Premier League fixture.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...