Klopp reveals why he wildly celebrated Liverpool's 1-0 win over Everton

Klopp reveals why he wildly celebrated Liverpool's 1-0 win over Everton

Liverpool manager Juergen Klopp has explained why he celebrated wild in his side's Premier League 1-0 victory over Everton on Sunday, NAN reports.

Divock Origi's 96th-minute winner in the Merseyside derby at Anfield gave Klopp's side all three points.

Klopp has now explained that he celebrated wild against Everton because he could not hide his emotions.

The 51-year-old, however, apologised to his Everton counterpart, Marco Silva, after running on to the pitch in wild celebration.

"I have to apologise for how I reacted,'' Klopp said at post-match.

"I did immediately afterwards to Marco Silva, I didn't want to be disrespectful but I couldn't stop myself.''

Klopp added: "The game was what we expected. It was unbelievably intense and hard for both teams.

"Both had chances and both goalkeepers had outstanding performances and a very weird goal. I can imagine all the disappointment of Everton in a situation like that.

"We got it (the win) and we'll take it and it was a brilliant night. If I could describe (how he felt when Liverpool scored) I could control it and I probably wouldn't run on the pitch.

"Today, because of the intensity, I cannot hide my emotions, I did it. I'm not sure what the FA will do in this situation.

"The plan was not to run and when I stopped, I was close to Alisson. He was surprised, you should have seen his eyes.''

Klopp's men will now tackle Burnley on Wednesday in the Premier League fixture.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...