Tyson Fury calls Anthony Joshua a chicken after epic bout against Wilder

Tyson Fury calls Anthony Joshua a chicken after epic bout against Wilder

Tyson Fury has taken a swipe at Anthony Joshua after a hard-fought draw against Deontay Wilder in Saturday night's WBC heavyweight title fight in Los Angeles.

Fury, who was fondly known as the Gypsy King by fans and admirers was knocked down two times, in the ninth and 12th rounds, but controlled the bout and most boxing legends claiming he should have been declared the winner.

According to a sportbible. com report, moments after the bout, Fury talking to the mic called out heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua shouting, "CHICKEN! CHICKEN JOSHUA! WHERE ARE YOU AJ?!"

Already, Wilder's team claim they offered Anthony Joshua's camp $50m to arrange a fight between the pair early in the year, but the offer was rejected by AJ's camp.

However, after Fury's draw with Wilder, the WBC champ may not be fighting AJ so soon.

At the moment, the Bronze Bomber and the Gypsy King will be considering a date for a rematch whilst AJ is also looking forward to a rematch with Dillian Whyte in April 2019.

It'll be interesting to see how the 2012 Olympic champion responds to being called a chicken.

Interestingly, Joshua is yet to respond to Fury's call but before the fight in Los Angeles, Joshua hinted he will not be seeing the bout live. "The fight is on too early in the morning for me, so I'll be sleeping. I enjoy watching the highlights. I'll watch it in the morning on social media," he summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...