Chelsea boss Sarri reveals he is worried about Hazard amid Belgian's 9-match goal drought

Chelsea boss Sarri reveals he is worried about Hazard amid Belgian's 9-match goal drought

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri has revealed that he is unhappy that Belgium star Eden Hazard has not scored for the Blues in recent games.

According to The Mirror report, the Italian manager is set to rest the playmaker for Thursday's Europa League clash against PAOK, meaning the Belgian won't have an opportunity to end his nine-game without a goal for club and country.

During the week, the playmaker played no role in the club's training session for two days courtesy of the knocks from Tottenham's Serge Aurier at Wembley on Saturday, and Sarri can't wait to have Hazard back with the rest of the gang.

"I am worried because 25 days ago he had an injury, a back injury," Sarri said at his press conference before the PAOK game.

"Now the ankle. So I think that he has lost a lot of training. So it's normal he wouldn't be top of his physical condition. One week of training and a couple of matches and he'll be back at the best level of physical condition.

"I think that this week is useful for him in training. Then we will see. Of course I think that he cannot play ten matches in 29/30 days, so sometimes he has to rest,"

admitted the Italian tactician, who will be looking forward to have the likes of Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Andreas Christensen and Olivier Giroud play a part in tonight showdown at west London.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...