Man United stars turn against Mourinho for humiliating comments after Crystal Palace draw

Man United stars turn against Mourinho for humiliating comments after Crystal Palace draw

Manchester United stars have reportedly expressed displeasure over Jose Mourinho's comments after Saturday's goalless draw against Crystal Palace on Saturday at Old Trafford.

The Red Devils boss while reacting to his side's average performance in the game said his players lacked desire, and threatened to relegate some of them to the bench in the upcoming matches.

Mourinho observed that some of his players do not care enough about the results would happily party after the game.

He added: "My feeling is was not enough from the heart, we must play with brain, we must play with also heart and I think there was not enough heart," Metro UK quoted Mourinho.

"What's the solution? You cannot change players' natures dramatically. The solution is that probably I have to make certain choices based on heart .

"And then probably I will blame myself because I will think heart is not enough and I am missing here some quality ," he added.

However, the remarks seem not to have gone down well with United players, who have now turned the heat against their manager.

According to a UK Metro report citing Daily Mail, the former Chelsea manager's controversial remarks targeted Luke Shaw, Jesse Lingard, Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial, all who he questioned their maturity.

This is not the first time Mourinho has chosen to publicly criticise his squad as he tries to get the best out of them in what is turning out to be a turgid season at Old Trafford.

The former Chelsea boss aimed a dig at his players following their disappointing draw against Valencia in the Champions League, adding that some players cared more about the club than others.

A set of remarks that have made United players grow weary of Mourinho's unending verbal grenades.

The Red Devils currently sit seventh on the Premier League standings with 14 points behind leaders, Manchester City.

They will, however, be looking to seal a spot in the last 16 of the UEFA Champions League when they host Swiss side, Young Boys at Old Trafford in their Group h clash.

The encounter would see Mourinho hand Alexis Sanchez, Ander Herrera and Eric Bailly starts.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...