Mourinho reveals why Man United drew 0-0 with Crystal Palace, blames players

Mourinho reveals why Man United drew 0-0 with Crystal Palace, blames players

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho has blamed his players after their disappointing 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace on Saturday.

He said the players failed to play with enough ambition and intensity.

United players were booed off the Old Trafford field by their fans after failing to win for the sixth time at home this season.

The result leaves United 14 points off their leaders, Manchester City after just 13 games.

United are also six points behind Tottenham in the race for a place in the top four.

He told Sky Sports, "[It's] a bad point.

"When the objective is to chase the top four and close the distance step by step and when you start a period of eight matches until the end of December.

"I give Palace credit but I do not just want to show that we draw because they were phenomenal. They were defensively very well organised.

"The goalkeeper made a couple of fantastic saves but they played their game and well.

"In the first half, we needed a bit more aggression, we found the spaces well.

"We were not ambitious enough or with intensity.

"In the second half, we need to score big chances that we had.

"Once more, we wasted time by allowing the game to go without us really chasing it from the first moment.

"We need to improve, I am disappointed by the performance.

"It is not nice to just blame the favourite in the game for not winning but praise the opponent who came here to get the point."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...