Drogba names best defender he ever played against

Drogba names best defender he ever played against

Chelsea legend, Didier Drogba, has named Barcelona ace, Gerard Pique as the best defender he faced during his glittering career.

Drogba also hailed former Manchester United duo, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic as one of the top partnerships he played against.

Drogba, a former captain of the Ivorian national team, hung up his boots this week.

Drogba will also be remembered as one of the finest strikers the Premier League has produced.

The Ivorian played for clubs in France, England, Turkey, China and, finally, the USA

"It's very difficult for me to say one that I played against because most of the time I was playing against two defenders, so one of the best pair I played against was Vidic and Ferdinand,' he told Sky Sports.

"And the other one was [Carles] Puyol and Pique."

When asked to pick out the best defender of the bunch, Drogba said, "I think Pique because our battles were really, really tough.

"But at the same time, like with all of them, you know like big guys, top players, top men, class."

The Blues hitman also hinted he would be making a move into management.

"I think I've met enough managers to make it possible," he added.

"I worked with a lot of managers, different skills, approaches of the game and I've played with a lot of very good players, clever players who understand the game: [Frank] Lampard - who is managing - [John] Terry, [Michael] Ballack... all these guys.

"You learn a lot and you experience so many things and you're thinking, 'oh if that could be an option, why not?'
"I think I could do well."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...