Sarri makes big statement concerning keeping Chelsea job without trophies

Sarri makes big statement concerning keeping Chelsea job without trophies

Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is unsure he will keep his job at Stamford Bridge if the Blues fail to win trophies in four seasons.

According to Sky Sports report, the 59-year-old Italian tactician is aware of Chelsea's trophy winning streak and must be at his best to keep the trophies coming.

Speaking ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash against Tottenham at Wembley, Sarri admitted he is eager to end his trophy less run as a manager with Chelsea.

"I don't think so, but I don't know.

"It's up to the club - if it's more important to win, or more important to improve the players.

"I want to win something, just to avoid this question. Sometimes there are the conditions for winning. Sometimes not.

"It's clear he (Pochettino) is a very important coach, with a trophy or without a trophy," noted Sarri.

He also revealed he adores Tottenham's Danish playmaker Christian Eriksen while responding to a question.

But stressed he will not speak about the player who is still under contract at Spurs.

"No, no, no," he said.

"I like him very much, but I don't want to talk about a player of Tottenham for the market, of course.

"I only answered a question," Sarri summed up ahead of London derby showdown.

Saturday's encounter will be the first time the Italian will be coming Mauricio Pochettino in the Premier League.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...