Sarri names two clubs that'll stop Chelsea from winning Premier League

Sarri names two clubs that'll stop Chelsea from winning Premier League

Chelsea boss, Maurizio Sarri, has named two clubs that will stop his side from winning the Premier League this season.

The Italian played down Chelsea's chances of winning the title this season while suggesting that Manchester City and Liverpool will finish in the top two.

Both City and Liverpool are unbeaten in the Premier League this season but so too are Sarri's Chelsea.

The Blues have recorded eight wins and four draws so far.
Sarri insisted that the gap between his side and Man City remains a big one.

"I think there is a team above, which is Manchester City, then a very good team in Liverpool. For sure, Liverpool will be in the first positions," Sarri told press conference ahead of clash with Tottenham.

"Then four or five teams that will have to fight for the Champions League positions - Arsenal, Tottenham, United, someone else. Sometimes, usually there is a surprise.

"For me they [City] are stronger than us at the moment and we have to work, work very hard to try to recover the gap, but at the moment the gap is still there. We have to do it.

"We can recover but I don't think in the first season we can recover 30 points [the deficit between the sides last season."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...