Former Arsenal and Barcelona star reveals he had no place to live after moving to Russia

Former Arsenal and Barcelona star reveals he had no place to live after moving to Russia

Former Arsenal and Barcelona star Alex Song has emotionally revealed the ordeal he faced during his stint at Russian club Rubin Kazan.

On July 21, 2016, Rubin Kazan announced the signing of the 31-year-old Cameroonian footballer after his contract at Spanish club Barcelona expired.

Unlike how he enjoyed his playing days at Arsenal and Barcelona, Alex Song saw the other side of football while in Russia, but he did not allow his family to know what he was facing then.

Alex Song had no house to live while in Russia, and he had no choice than to be sleeping in a dark room at the training ground.

Alex Song's only friends were his laptop and his mobile telephone.

"I couldn't tell people for a while that it was not good, I had to say everything was OK because I didn't want them to worry.

"I just had to be positive and not make other people feel bad as well, particularly my wife and two boys back in London,'' Song explained according to Telegraph UK.

Alex Song spent six years at Premier League side Arsenal before joining Barcelona in 2012, but he was unable to establish himself at the Camp Nou and was loaned to West Ham United where his contract expired.

He currently plays for Swiss club Osion, and he joined them on a free transfer on August 14, 2018.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...