Morata speaks on number of goals he'll score for Chelsea this season

Morata speaks on number of goals he'll score for Chelsea this season

Chelsea striker, Alvaro Morata has stated that what was important to him this season was to win matches for his side and not to score 25 or 30 goals for the Blues.

He stated this ahead of Chelsea's Premier League clash with Everton on Sunday evening at Stamford Bridge.

Morata has scored three goals for Maurizio Sarri's side in his last two Premier League fixtures.

The Spain international, however, believes he still has more to prove following his recent upturn in form for the West London club.

"I think I can prove more," Morata told Chelsea's official website."In the past it wasn't easy for me, but this is a new season. I think it's not important if I score 25 or 30 goals, it's important you help the team to win.

"I prefer winning something and scoring less goals, but I will be so happy if I score a lot of goals and we win trophies this season. I'm a striker, it's our job and it's true that we need to score, and I am happy when I do."

Chelsea are two points behind Premier League leaders, Manchester City, going into Sunday's clash with Everton, with a tricky away game with Tottenham to come after the international break.

"We have a very strong mentality, we are always together and we have a really good group this year," Morata added.

"If we are lucky, I think we can be one of the teams in the race for the Premier League."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...