Meet wife of Manchester City superstar who says her husband is not a typical footballer (photos)

Meet wife of Manchester City superstar who says her husband is not a typical footballer (photos)

Wife of Manchester City star Riyad Mahrez, Rita, has insisted her husband is not a the type that drinks or cheat
The Emirates outfit broke their transfer record by signing him for £60million from Leicester City in the summer.

But Rita said she is not worried about her husband straying, adding that the Algerian prefers hoovering to partying and stays humble by shopping in Asda.

"Our lifestyle is pretty lavish as everyone wants the best and to have luxury things.

"We all want that good life and luxury lifestyle because what's everyone working hard for at the end of the day.
But while it's nice to have it's not what makes you happy.

"Riyad is a really grounded and humble guy and I hope it won't change us. I love Asda as it's so convenient and you can get some nice pyjamas in there.

"I do my own grocery shopping but it's starting to become a problem. If Riyad's holding shopping bags he gets people coming up to him so we might have to start sending someone for us soon," she told SunSport.

The mum of two also added that she never wanted to date Mahrez because he was a footballer and was worried because he would cheat on her when they first met in 2012.

She continued: "I was walking along Oxford Street when he sweetly put his arm around me. He spoke to me with his French accent and we exchanged numbers.

"I found out he was a footballer player a week later and was like, 'Oh no, I don't want this life'. I didn't want to date a footballer because I thought there were going to be girls looking to chase him.

"I wanted to have a peaceful life and make my own success but then he pursued me and bombarded me with phonecalls and FaceTimes and it was meant to be."

Now they both have two daughters and have agreed to officially get married after having a religious ceremony.

The aspiring pop star also revealed Mahrez has promised to stay away from girls to prevent him from womanizing.

She continued: "I've never had issues and it's been smooth-sailing with us. Of course there is always temptation but Riyad says to stay away from temptation.

"You have to make sure you don't put yourself in a situation where you are going to get tempted and just be wary because a lot of people are after the wrong thing.

"He's never drunk alcohol in his life, as he's Muslim, and he doesn't go clubbing. He keeps himself to himself and isn't too sociable. Not everyone is a cheater and Riyad is different. He helps out with the hoovering at times and does stuff from his heart.

"It's more fashionable now to be a humble person and loyal husband. If you're drinking and cheating that doesn't make me respect you. His worst habit is that he's super into football."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...