Sergio Ramos sends urgent message to Viktoria player he elbowed in Champions League tie

Sergio Ramos sends urgent message to Viktoria player he elbowed in Champions League tie

Real Madrid captain Sergio Ramos risked being red-carded in his side's 5-0 win over Viktoria Plzen in their Champions League meeting on Wednesday.

The Spaniard aimed an elbow at Milan Havel which could have had Los Blancos reduced to ten men during the game.
According to Give Me Sport, many felt his action that left Havel with a bloody nose was deliberate.

But the Spanish center-back has however apologising to the victim on his official Twitter handle, wishing him a speedy recovery.

"A victory to build on and also to learn from, " Ramos wrote.

"Football always teaches you things and tonight I shouldn't have gone into the challenge like that. Milan, it wasn't my intention to injure you. Get well soon #HalaMadri d."

Meanwhile, Real's heavy win over Viktoria Plzen made it three wins out of three games for their new manager Santiago Solari.

Two goals from Karim Benzema and a goal each from Casemiro, Toni Kroos and Gareth Bale ensured they cruised to convincing win int he game.

Solari, who stepped up from Real Madrid Castilla upon Lopetegui's departure, heaped praise on his players at full-time.

"It's impossible to win 5-0 away in the Champions League and not play a great game, " he said.

"I'm very happy but this was all about the players - we have some brilliant players here who have no limits. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...