Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote provides another update on his desire to buy Arsenal

Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote provides another update on his desire to buy Arsenal

Africa's richest man and business magnate Aliko Dangote has revealed he will may consider investing in other clubs aside from his age-long desire to buy English Premier League giants Arsenal.

According to a Tribal Football report, Dangote, who is a staunch supporter of the Gunners may be forced to look elsewhere, if American sports magnate Stan Kroenke refuses to sell the club..

The business tycoon was quick to stress that issue of buying a club, might have to wait until 2020 when he completes his oil refinery based in Lagos.

"I'm very attached to Arsenal but if he won't sell, I might have to change," said the 61-year-old, was quoted as saying at a New Economy Forum in Singapore.

"I'm very much a fan of football. I'll like to have a club. I don't have to own Arsenal.

"By the time we've finished [the oil refinery], we'll be a $30bn [£22.8bn] company in terms of revenue,"

submitted Dangote, who is Africa's richest man and currently worth about £8.5bn.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...