African football star reveals how Ronaldo helped him after the death of his mother

African football star reveals how Ronaldo helped him after the death of his mother

Cristiano Ronaldo's former Manchester United teammate Eric Djemba Djemba has praised the Portuguese star for helping cope with the death of his mother.

Ronaldo and Eric became close pals since both players were brought to Old Trafford by Alex Ferguson in 2003.

But the former Cameroon international who lost his mother in 2010 explained how Ronaldo showed him love.

"My mum died in 2010 and he was there for me when that happened," Djemba Djemba, now playing football for Swiss amateur team FC Vallorbes-Ballaigues told SunSport EXCLUSIVELY.

"He was playing for Real Madrid at the time, he phoned me up and said, 'If you need me and you need to talk to someone, I am here.'

"When we both played our first game, we travelled in the car together.

"I believe our first match was against Bolton and we won 4-2. We used to always travel in each other's cars together"

The pair did their shopping together and loved to eat chicken in Nando's located in the city of Manchester.

"We'd go to Selfridges together and shop," he recalled.

"It was Cristiano that introduced me to Nando's - he took me for my first meal there.

"We used to to go after training together, and his mum and sister would come too.

"Sometimes he came to my house. I'm a good cook and making food is my passion. I make good African food.

"I used to cook for Cristiano when we didn't eat in Nando's."

And the midfielder also commended the five-time Ballon d'Or winner on how he has succeeded in the beautiful game.

"Cristiano became the biggest player in the world. I have a big respect for him," he said.

And the former Aston Villa star, who does a lot of work for orphan charities in Cameroon, revealed Ronaldo's generous nature.

"Cristiano said if I need anything, he is there. He will donate football kits, food and whatever he can to help.
"He knows I do a lot of charitable work and he has always offered his support.

"Cristiano's a very generous man."

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...