Arsenal vs Blackpool: Emery reveals what he told Guendouzi after red card

Arsenal vs Blackpool: Emery reveals what he told Guendouzi after red card

Arsenal manager, Unai Emery has reveal what he told midfielder, Matteo Guendouzi, after he was sent off against Blackpool in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday evening.
Guendouzi, who assisted the opening goal, was shown a second yellow card in the 56th minute after pulling down a Blackpool player and will now miss Saturday's Premier League clash with Liverpool.
But Emery defended the 19-year-old after the game, praising his impressive performance, and felt he was simply a little over zealous rather than too aggressive.

"He's playing well. He's playing with a spirit. Competitive. The action is... it's an action, he plays that action as a normal moment in the game, Metro UK quoted Emery as saying.
"He is pushing behind the player. He is playing with the spirit I want today and every match.
"We have spoken. It is very important to control but I don't think he lost control. The red card is one circumstance."

Speaking on Guendouzi missing the Liverpool game, Emery continued, "That is football. Things can be positive or negative like an injury, a red card, 90 minutes of hard work, that don't allow you to play other matches.
"A red card is like that. We have a lot of players looking to play to help us and take responsibility. His quality for the team, I am going to prepare with other players for the big match."
Guendouzi has made a big impact since joining the Gunners despite his age and already has eight appearances in the Premier League, with his absence being a likely blow ahead of Liverpool's visit.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...