Real Madrid coach makes tough statement about his future after El Clasico defeat

Real Madrid coach makes tough statement about his future after El Clasico defeat

Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui believes his future at Los Blancos is no longer in his hands.
According to a UK Express report, some bookmakers are no longer accepting betting on Lopetegui's exit from Real Madrid after Sunday's 5-1 bashing by Barcelona, and the manager was forced to react on his future during the post-match press conference.

"Regarding my future, I'm not the one who makes these decisions," Lopetegui said.

"I've made it clear what my feelings are, and my belief in this team. But after that, the decisions aren't my responsibility.
"I'm sad, and so are my players. I'm the manager, I have to stay strong because we're still in October.
"It's a tough blow, but I believe we can turn this around, because there's much of the season to go.
"Because of the confidence I have in this group, they will continue to grow and improve.
"They've had to overcome some difficult circumstances, especially with injuries, but I think the team has life for the rest of the season,"

Lopetegui stressed.

Interestingly, it has been a difficult six month for Lopetegui, who was fired as La Roja manager 48 hours to Spain's opener at the summer World Cup in Russia after failing to inform the Spanish FA he had accepted to manage Real Madrid after the Mundial.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...