Tottenham coach makes big statement ahead of Man City clash

Tottenham coach makes big statement ahead of Man City clash

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino remains upbeat about his club's chances when they clash with Premier League defending champions Manchester City in tonight's clash at Wembley.
According to an ESPN report, the Argentine is looking forward to play against Pep Guardiola's side, despite holding the Spanish tactician in high esteem. Tottenham are five points off the top of the log and a win over Man City at the end of tonight's hostilities, will see Spurs move above the defending champions.
But Pochettino is not in the best mood going into tonight's game at Wembley.

"It's strange because my feeling is the worst feeling I've had in the four a half years that I've been here," he said. "It's the worst, my feeling, but it's the best start ever for the club in the Premier League. It's so strange, no? I think in the past I felt better.
"I don't know why, it's so difficult to explain -- [it's] because of the circumstances, because many things happen, because we're disappointed that we're still waiting for the new stadium when the expectation was to be there from the beginning of the season.
"Many things happened in the summer, there are many things that make myself not in my best mood or humour. I know I've always been funny with you and I have a good relationship with you but my feeling is not the best. I had better feelings in previous seasons,"
he stressed.
Last season, Guardiola's Man City side beat Spurs in both of last season's meetings with an aggregate score of 7-2, but Pochettino remains positive facing the Spaniard again in today's Premier League duel.

"To be honest, I always enjoyed watching Barcelona under Guardiola, and Bayern Munich, and now Guardiola at Manchester City -- the first season when they didn't win, and now they are winning," he said.
"For me, he's one of the best managers and I admire him a lot.
"My feeling is the opposite (to what you might think). I'm so happy that he's here and we can challenge him, sometimes enjoy him and sometimes suffer.
"I'm very glad to have him, Mourinho, Klopp, Emery and now Sarri. It's so exciting to face the best managers in the world,"
Pochettino summed up.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...