Jose Mourinho reveals why Romelu Lukaku will continue leading Man United attack

Jose Mourinho reveals why Romelu Lukaku will continue leading Man United attack

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has revealed struggling Belgium forward Romelu Lukaku will continue leading the Red devils attack as he has no other options.
According to UK Sun report, the Portuguese boss is aware of Lukaku's poor run of form in the current campaign, but will stick with the £75m rated forward in Sunday's EPL clash against Everton at Old Trafford.
At the last count, the big forward has gone eight matches without scoring for Manchester United.
But Mourinho has ruled out the possibility of re-signing 37-year-old LA Galaxy forward, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, on a short term deal in the winter transfer window.

"In this moment we're not in the best situation to think about resting players or finding solutions.
"The solution now is to play with the players we have.
"I don't think our coach Michael Carrick can play as a striker, so I could not give Lukaku a break against Juventus.
"Or we decide to give a rest to Lukaku, who plays as a striker then . . . Marcus Rashford? And who plays as a winger?"
Mourinho questioned, even as he was quick to add that the 25-year-old, could create a big moment using former club Everton to end his goals drought, which dates back to September 15.

"I always feel that every game. One day it will happen and one day he will score.
"And one day his confidence levels will be back to normal, which clearly they are not there.
"But I always feel that every game is the game,"
added the Red Devils boss.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...