Man United reveal when they will sack Jose Mourinho

Man United reveal when they will sack Jose Mourinho

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho will be sacked if the Red Devils fail to make it through to the Champions League last 16, Manchester Evening News reports.
United are second in Group H with four points behind Juventus who have maximum points from three games.
Mourinho's men recorded a win away to Young Boys on match day 1 and settled for a draw with La Liga side Valencia in their second game.

And according to Manchester Evening News, Ed Woodward will sack the Portuguese manager if the Red Devils fail to progress into the next stage.

The financial reward of staying in the competition is massive as Woodward would delay the axing of the Special One until his side are knocked out of the group stage.
United benefited whopping £35 million prize money despite being knocked out of the competition in the round of 16 by Sevilla last season.

The prize money will increase by 38 per cent this season and for just making it through to the competition, £13.3million is already in the kitty, nearly half the total Manchester City got when they won the Premier League last year.
The reports added Woodard is looking at the business prospects of United remaining in the Champions League and will not hastily sack Mourinho.
And a top four finish is likely to be enough for the 55-year-old to retain his job at Old Trafford.
After the midweek loss to Juventus, defender Victor Lindelof felt United deserved more than what they got in the match.
"We were playing against a very good team, very good players and yes, it was a tough game, but I think we deserved more than to lose," he said.

"In the last couple of games we have played really well in the second half," he explained.
"I don't know why, but we need to start the games the way we play in the second half I think, so we need to work on that."

Mourinho will be welcoming Everton to Old Trafford this weekend as they will be looking to close the gap on the likes of Manchester City and Liverpool at the top of the table.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...