Checkout what Mourinho told Manchester United players while trailing Chelsea at half time

Checkout what Mourinho told Manchester United players while trailing Chelsea at half time

Manchester United boss, Jose Mourinho, has come out to reveal details of half-time talk that inspired his side to a 2-2 epic draw against Chelsea on Saturday, October 20, despite trailing the home side in the first half.
According to the Portuguese tactician, he informed his Manchester United players he was only thinking about victory even after going down 1-0 in the 21st minute.
Antonio Rudiger's header powered the home side to a 1-0 lead just nine minutes before the half-hour mark.

However, United impressively rallied back after the break and were moments away from clinching a phenomenal victory away from home, thanks to Anthony Martial's terrific performance that saw him net a sublime brace.
In the dying seconds of the match, Ross Barkley scored a dramatic a equaliser to help his side continue with their unbeaten streak in the Premier League.
Speaking during his post-match conference, Mourinho admitted his side's failure to cart away all the three points was a bitter pill to swallow.

He observed his side was in firm control of the match even after going a goal down, revealing that his half-time talk with the players turned things around.

"My message [at half time] was that against Newcastle that we needed a huge improvement to get back into the game but today we don't need huge improvement we just needed little details," Metro UK quoted the former Chelsea tactician.
"We were in the game playing well and in control we just needed to be a little bit more aggressive in the last third, a bit more brave with the players feeling more freedom to express themselves to go in search of the goals"
"I told the players at half time I was thinking about winning this game in the second half. The boys were brilliant but in this moment we are frustrated,"

United will now be looking to build on the momentum in their next tie against Juventus on Tuesday, October 23, in the UEFA Champions League at Old Trafford.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...