Chelsea boss Sarri disappointed with Blues stars after Man United draw for an important reason

Chelsea boss Sarri disappointed with Blues stars after Man United draw for an important reason

Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has blasted his players for deviating from their plans in their 2-2 draw against Manchester United at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, October 20.
The Blues took the lead through a superb header in the 21st minute of the meeting but surrendered their leadership after an Anthony Martial's equaliser.
United took the lead for the first time in the game courtesy of another fine finish from Martial to put the hosts at the risk of losing their first game.

However, a Ross Barkley last minute stunner ensured the game ended in draw and the west London side continued their unbeaten run in the league this term.
Daily Star reports that the former Napoli boss felt slighted his players failed to adhere to his tactics all through the game.

"We have played our football very well for 60 minutes today but suddenly at 1-1 we stopped playing our football," said Sarri.
"We started to play another type of football with the long ball but we are not organised for this. I don't want the long ball or the second ball.
"I want to play with short passes. Stop! .
"In this type of football United are better than us so I am really disappointed for the last 30 minutes "
"Ok we scored in the last minutes, it's good for the confidence but I [as manager] have to look at something else .
"I have seen the match from the bench but now I will study. They have to play my football with character. "

Chelsea are back at Stamford Bridge this week when they host BATE Borisov in the Europa League.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...