Cafe owner slammed after selling Cristiano Ronaldo's assault biscuits

Our Taste of Portugal café owner Jose Goncalves has apologised to Cristiano Ronaldo after selling biscuits that depicted his escapades with American model in 2009.
The 33-year-old, who joined Juventus this summer in a mega deal was accused of assaulting a lady during his reign at Man United.
According to Independent, the production of the cookies has generated negative reactions after it was first reported by BBC radio.
The owner of the restaurant was however forced to post a response to the criticism on Facebook.

"I love Cristiano Ronaldo," he wrote on the café's official page.
"I'm going to defend Ronaldo because I believe in his version .
"Our idea was to make 30 cookies and play with the situation with our friends and clients in which it was well accepted and everyone found joke. One day only!
"I'm sorry if I made people feel bad. I just have to say sorry to everyone."

Meanwhile, Glade Sexual Assault Referral Center coordinator Lydia Johnson said in response to the allegation that: " R'ape and sexual assault is never something that should be joked about or made light of - it's really disappointing to see this happening .
"It's not surprising that people struggle to disclose abuse and report to the police when people are turning r'ape allegations in to a joke .
"However, we know that victims who choose to speak out about abuse and get support should be enormously applauded for their bravery, because it takes a huge amount of courage to do that .
"We will support people whether they have reported to the police or not. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...