Pep Guardiola reveals his next destination as he plans to quit Manchester City

Pep Guardiola reveals his next destination as he plans to quit Manchester City

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has hinted he could leave England to coach an Italian side in the future.
The 47-year-old led the Citizens to the Premier League title last season and is contracted to the Etihad until 2021.
Guardiola recorded an unprecedented success with Barcelona and won everything at Bayern Munich except the Champions League in his three-year spell at Germany.

And if the Spanish tactician remains until the end of his contract with City, it will be his longest stint at any club he managed.

Speaking at he Festival dello Sport, Guardiola suggested his next destination could be managing a club in Italy.
He said: "A bench in Italy? Why not.
"I would never have said that I would go to Germany and that I would learn German. Here you eat well."

When asked how Italian football can improve, he defended the Azzuri's recent history in international and domestic football.

He added: "What is lacking in Italian football to make a leap forward in terms of mentality?
"Nothing is missing, history is not written in the last two years, Italy remains what it is.
"It is important to reflect on why we did not go to the last World Cup, but we all have to learn from Italy, which has always won and in many ways.
"Defending well is a talent and you are masters. Life is this, we win and lose, but I am convinced that in Italy there are very good players and they can do very well."

Pep's side will return to Premier League action when they face Burnley at the Etihad.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...