FIFA The Best award winner Luka Modric tips World Cup winning French player for Ballon d'Or

FIFA The Best award winner Luka Modric tips World Cup winning French player for Ballon d'Or

Real Madrid superstar Luka Modric has tipped 2018 World Cup winning attacker Antoine Griezmann to win this year's Ballon d'Or award.
The French star scored four goals in seven appearances for Les Blues at this summer's FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Aside winning the World Cup in July, he also won the UEFA Europe League and UEFA Super Cup with Atletico Madrid this year.

He has also scored four goals for his La Liga side in all competitions so far this season and all these points the attacker to the direction of claiming the prestigious prize later this year.

After finishing second in Russia, Modric has struggled for form but that didn't stop him from winning the UEFA player of the year and FIFA The Best Awards.
However, the Mirror reports that the Croat believes Griezmann has a better chance of winning the award ahead of every other player shortlisted for the award.
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have won the last ten editions of the award and the Los Blancos star believes the domination might be broken this time around.

"I would put Antoine Griezmann in pole position in terms of the 3 Frenchmen, for all he has achieved this year ," said Modric.

"Mbappe? He's an extraordinary talent, a wonderful promise for the future but who has already displayed a great level. He's really special ," he said.
The 33-year-old further insisted that: "I do not like to talk that way and say, 'Yes, I deserve the Golden Ball'.
"The important thing for me is to be in the field as I have been for months. This year 2018 has been without a doubt the best of my career.
"You are not going to make me say: 'It is I who must win it'. "

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...