Barcelona slam disrespectful star player for 1 disturbing reason

Barcelona slam disrespectful star player for 1 disturbing reason

La Liga champions Barcelona have faulted Chilean star Arturo Vidal for "disrespecting his team-mates" after his devastating posts on the social media were uncovered.
According to a UK Sun report citing Sport, Vidal who has only started two matches for the Ernesto Valverde tutored-side since his switch from Bayern in the summer, uploaded an angry face emoji after playing for few minutes during Barcelona's 4-2 win over Tottenham in the Champions League.
Few days again, Vidal was left on the bench during Barcelona's 1-1 draw against Valencia, but after failing to make an appearance during the game, he headed for social media where he dropped a message.

"Don't fight with those who are like Judas, they will hang themselves," Vidal's post read in part, before it was later defeated.
However, Vidal's online activities in recent time have not gone down well with Barcelona's general manager Pep Segura who blasted the Chilean star in a recent interview.
"He has lacked respect for his team-mates," Segura noted, even as he was quick to add, that he understands the rationale behind the 31-year-old's recent post on the social media.

"His messages have a double meaning.
"You can look at them positively because they demonstrate that he's a guy who wants to get integrated quickly and help the team. He feels frustrated personally that he's not playing more minutes.
"The negative is we feel he has to work hard and be aware that he's part of a great team, with great players. He has to have respect for his team-mates, for the dressing room, the coach and the club .
"We understand that he's aware that those tweets did more damage to himself than anyone else. I think he will make up for it,"
Segura assured.
Responding further on how he intends addressing the issue with Vidal, he said: "We always speak with all the players and these issues are dealt with day-to-day."

Interestingly, the former Juventus and Bayern midfielder rejected a switch to the English topflight to join Barcelona from Bayern Munich for £27m last summer, and he is still struggling to make it into the main squad with the trio of Sergio Busquets, Ivan Rakitic and new signing Arthur holding sway.

Vidal, who is expected to battle Peru with Chile teammates on Saturday, admits he feels bad for not playing.
"How am I going to be happy if I don't play, and me of all people.
"I am someone that has always fought, that has been in the best teams in the world, that has won everything and who wants to continue winning at Barcelona.
"I am fine physically and happy. In the past few games I have been a little irritated but that's how it is, we will keep battling, there are a lot of important games ahead and we will see,"
noted Vidal, who insists his social media activities were "personal jokes" that must not be misinterpreted.
"I think people took (my social media messages) in the wrong way.
"(The message about Judas) had nothing to do with anything sport-related and I deleted it to stop people from speculating.
"There are personal things and jokes which you can put on social media and people take the wrong way. I changed it but it had nothing to do with Barcelona or with anyone in particular. When I have to say something I say it to someone's face.
"When I have a problem or I am mad about something, I go straight to the coach and speak directly to him. You can have various reasons for posting these things on social networks,"
Vidal submitted.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...