Chelsea eye move for Italian defender who is also wanted at Man United

Chelsea eye move for Italian defender who is also wanted at Man United

Premier League side Chelsea are set to hijack Manchester United's target and AC Milan defender Alessio Romagnoli during the winter transfer season.
According to a UK Sun report citing the Telegraph, Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri wants the 23-year-old defender as a reliable replacement for Gary Cahill, who is likely to leave the west London outfit either in January or in June.
Already, Romagnoli is an important member of the Rossoneri squad and has been handed the captain's armband by club's manager, Genaro Gattuso.

The ex-Roma and Sampdoria youth product in his fourth year at the San Siro but is yet to taste Champions League action.
However, the current politics at the Italian outfit might convince the defender, to seek a move to the English topflight.
On the other hand, Blues boss Sarri is facing another battle after Andreas Christensen who has hinted he is set leave the Stamford Bridge outfit after failing to get game time in the new campaign, while he enjoyed game time under erstwhile manager Antonio Conte.

"It has been a difficult start to the season.
"I can't stand having to have so much patience again. I'm 22 years old now and I really want to play.
"In the last three seasons I've played regularly for the teams I've been at, so of course I don't see myself staying if my current situation remains the same in the future.
"It's too early to talk about when I'm going to move, or if I'm going to move at all. But it's clearly not a good situation for me,"
a visibly unhappy Denmark international was quoted as saying.
Interestingly, Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho is set for a round of meeting over defensive addition in the winter window with Manchester United executive vice chairman Ed Woodward this week in London.

The former Chelsea and Real Madrid boss is furious with Man United over plot to sack him recently, but the club eggheads are eager to resolve all issues, during the proposed meeting during the week.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...