Former Manchester City boss reveals who will emerge Premier League champions

Former Manchester City boss reveals who will emerge Premier League champions

Former Manchester City manager Sven-Göran Eriksson has claimed he would rather see Liverpool win the Premier League title than his former club this season.
The Swedish coach added he expects the title-race to be between City and the Reds, but hopes the Anfield giants can secure their first league-title since 1990.
After eight matches played Pep Guardiola's side and Jurgen Klopp's men are currently joint-top, level on points on the Premier League table.

The former Lazio manager admitted that the Manchester club are still the team to beat in England, but he would love the Merseyside clinch the title.

"It's going to be very interesting as usual," he told Sky Sports .
"A lot of people are saying that maybe it is time for Liverpool. I hope so because in my heart I'm a Liverpool fan. But I think Manchester City are still very strong.
"I liked Liverpool last season. They played very good football, very optimistic, working very hard, very impressive.
"They bought some new players so they look very strong. Sooner or later they will win it, no? I hope it will be sooner."

Eriksson guided the Citizens to a ninth place finish in the Premier League in the 2007-08 and secured a domestic double of victories against Manchester United.

Comments

Keep up to date with our latest articles and uploads...